Wedding Reception Itinerary
· Mix and mingle with the guests
· Introduce yourself
· Take a few requests (just to get a feel for the crowd)
Introductions of the wedding party
· Gather wedding party outside of ballroom
· Line them up in order
· Double check pronunciation
· Bridesmaids and Groomsmen will form a semi-circle
· Use silly one-liners
· During first dance, have staff dish up two plates of food
· After first dance, bride and groom sit and are served IMMEDIATELY.
· Parents and the rest of the wedding party are dismissed to the buffet line first
· Dismiss the tables (one table at a time) by introducing yourself to that table.
· If there are disposable cameras, point them out – announce they will be collected
· Have that table stand in a group and take their picture.
· Dismiss them to the buffet.
· Up beat music is played at a comfortable volume level.
· Pass out streamers to kids who can’t seem to sit down during dinner.
(gives the guests something to look at while they eat.)
Toast and Cake Cutting ceremonies
(facilitated by the photographer)
Father / Daughter Dance
(done while guests are wrapping up their cake)
Mother / Son Dance
· Photographer should be propped up at the DJ booth – elevated
· Photographer takes a couple of good solid group shots
· Photographer will take a “Wild and Crazy PARTY Shot!”
· Pop off a confetti shot for the picture
· Have the facility manager dim the house lights
· Fire off the party lights
· Fire off a party song
1st Dance Set
· Ride this dance set out as long as you can by playing dance party music
· Pass out white party hats
· Mambo No. 5
Brides of the Ages Dance
· Initiate when the dance floor starts to clear
· Clear the dance floor completely just long enough to explain the dance
· Have couples come out who have been married for “less than a day”
· Have newly wed couples come up who have been married less than 5 years.
· Have older couples come up who have been married for 15, 25, 35, 45 years
· Ask if any couple have been married longer than 45 years.
· Have singles come up to enjoy a slow dance with their date.
Bouquet and Garter toss
· Have single girls AND single guys come to the dance floor at the SAME TIME.
· Pass out leis to the girls and sunglasses to the guys
· Have a few inflatable guitars ready to pass out at completion of the ceremony
· After the ceremony, play “ZZ Top – Sharp Dressed Man”
· Pass out inflatable guitars 2nd Dance Set
· Pass out maracas and play “Hot, Hot, Hot.”
Block of Cheese
· When the dance floor starts to die out again, call for the kids to come and dance to some “silly songs.”
(i.e. Chicken Dance, Hokey Pokey, Macarena, Boot Scoot n’ Boogie, YMCA, Electric Slide, Cha Cha Slide, Cotton Eyed Joe, etc…)
· Encourage adults to come and dance with the kids to these “silly songs.”
· Lead back into regular party dance songs for the adults.
Circle of Friends
· Have guests form a big circle around the dance floor
· Bride and groom make their way around the circle saying their “thanks/goodbyes”
Last Dance (with the guests)
· When finished, have the guests leave IMMEDIATELY to form send-off lines.
· Inform guests that they can get their belongings AFTER the bride and groom leave.
· Have the staff exit the reception area for just a few minutes
Last Dance (just the bride & groom)